Cosmetics with natural ingredients is a must. Honey, aloe vera, milk, fruits and herbs are a highlight in the preparation of creams, lotions, perfumes, soaps or shampoo. And of step we are friendly with the environment.
By: Valeska Silva Pohl.
The cosmetic industry is already convinced, and believes increasingly in the benefits of nature. By the same seeking how to integrate it to their products with the purpose of delivering solutions to hydrate and soften the skin, heal wounds, prevent aging, give more shine and nourishment to the hair or attack different conditions. This is a guide to the main components to search on your favorite products or, why not, prepare them yourself at home.
FIND OUT MORE:
* Honey. A favorite for its many soothing properties and anti-inflammatory, it is the base for creams, masks, lip glosses and lotions for rough skins and cracks in the hands. The main ingredient in masks, scrubs and shampoo.
* Avocado. Their high vitamin content makes this fruit a great ally against wrinkles; it also moisturizes, cleanses, exfoliates and enriches the skin. Its antioxidant power is resulting in a deep hydration of the scalp and gives luminosity, protecting and repairing the hair fiber, preventing their fall.
* Milk. The milk proteins act as humectants. For their part, the acids exfoliate gently but deeply into the skin, dissolving the dead cells and providing flexibility. In addition it stimulates the circulation.
* Green tea. Potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that improves the elasticity of the skin, repairs and strengthens. It is an astringent and retards the effects of skin aging, in particular if it is used as a mask. It has also been used as an ingredient in natural products that fight acne.
* Aloe Vera. Excellent to heal virtually any skin problem such as dryness, acne, wounds, burns, spots and wrinkles, because it improves the regeneration process of the skin, moisturizes and softens. Its pulp is anti-inflammatory and can be applied directly to treat wounds and burns, or incorporate into cosmetic products. For example, if you have dry skin, put a little bit of pulp in your soap or shower gel. Also accelerates the healing of the herpes sores, and helps to combat the dryness caused by psoriasis.
* Papaya. It is an antioxidant, and its high content of vitamin C helps to fight wrinkles and keep the skin texture flexible. It also increases the production of collagen.
* Chamomile. Is desinflamatoria, and in the skin helps to fight the effects of allergies. Activates the circulation of the blood, so it is very beneficial on tired legs, such as sunscreen creams and moisturizers, and as a refreshing and clarifying hair shampoo.
* Lemon. Lemon juice is very used in cosmetics because it acts as a chemical peel natural. It is a powerful astringent and bleaching of stains, both skin and nail.
* Coffee. Highly valued as a cosmetic ingredient, it is rich in antioxidants, helps to keep the skin toned and fights free radicals. As it stimulates blood circulation and cell renewal, is also astringent, so that combat acne, cellulite, and varicose veins. Besides using it in soaps and creams, the coffee granules mixed with olive oil can be used as an exfoliant.
* Banana. Astringent, antioxidant and healing properties which help to protect skin and hair from free radicals. As a moisturizer, a facial mask of plantain becomes soft a hair dry and brittle, or a scaly skin in flexible.
* Marine algae. All the algae contain vitamins, minerals and proteins, and are used both in external use as well as for the consumption in diets to lose weight. In natural cosmetics are used to tone and smooth wrinkles.
* Shea butter. Widely used in products to delay the aging of the skin and repair stretch marks, also to take care of the hair, protect the lips and to recover the muscles after a day of intense physical activity.
* Granada. The juice and the seed oil is full of potent antioxidants and energizing of the skin cells. It also has been shown to have the ability to protect the skin from the sun.
* Romero. Plant with many uses. For the skin it is an antioxidant, promotes healthy growth of hair, prevents its fall, and clarifies or reinforces the color brown. It is also recommended for the lips, and he can make lotions and tonics homemade cosmetics.
* Pink. The extract of this flower cools and cleanses the skin. It also reduces headaches and tired eyes. It has anti-viral properties, anti-bacterial, and is widely used for the preparation of perfumes and to flavour creams and lotions.
* Vegetable oils. The oils penetrate the skin and act as a vehicle of the properties of the ingredients of the recipe, as are essential oils, cocoa butter or shea butter or another ingredient fat. Is used for this purpose, the oil of jojoba, almond or olive oil, among others, must be an oil of good quality and of first pressure in cold.
* Almonds. The almond oil helps keep the skin moisturized and soft. It is one of the favorites in the massage room, and benefits both the therapist and the person receiving the treatment. In conditioner helps protect the hair from damage caused by the environment, and gives a glossy appearance and silky. The almond milk can be used as an astringent, and the ground almonds as an exfoliant. Their oils trap the impurities and help cleanse the skin.
* Coconut. The coconut oil helps to moisturize the skin and softens it. Thanks to that absorbs quickly leaves no residue or feeling oily or creamy as other oils. It has anti-aging properties, is also anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. Very popular to be applied on the hair, as it is a powerful regenerator and serves to nourish and smooth.
* Lavender. The essential oil of lavender is one of the most used, but you can also use the flowers dried, which give an aesthetic touch to your natural products. Helps to treat rashes moderate on the skin.
* Pineapple. The enzymes in the pineapple act by eliminating the dead skin cells, clean the pores, leaving the skin bright and natural.
* Ginseng. Is applied on the skin, ginseng root stimulates circulation, strengthens and revitalizes. It is also used for the preparation of creams and serum facial.
The brazilian case
Yes, we women always like products that enhance our beauty, but now exijimos which are also friendly to the environment. In this context, we are always surprised by the proposals and the brands that have managed to develop products which unite nature, technology and sustainability, as is the case of the brazilian Natura, in addition to for these days is serving 35 years in the market and 20 in Chile. Its development caring for the environment, making efficient use of the brazilian biodiversity and with an economic model that includes social responsibility has translated, for example, be included in the world ranking of the companies more sustainable, and to become one of the first brazilian who signed the Global Compact initiative of the UN to mobilize the international business search with fundamental values in human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
But not only that. On one hand we have the concern of Natura for the environment, but another pillar of the brand is to enhance the natural beauty of women, promoting women as common in their advertising campaigns and catalogs (don’t forget to have the model of selling through consultancies, working in addition to the economic independence of women). What’s better than a beauty free of prejudices, beyond stereotypes and manipulations? Fernando of the Sea, communications manager Latam at Natura, spoke with us on his last visit to Chile, and told us that the company is a pioneer in many aspects, such as that in 1996 he suggested not to use women of 20 years old to sell creams antiseñales or anti-wrinkle in their advertising campaigns, which has later been imitated by other brands. He was also a pioneer to talk about sustainability in an era of the cosmetics market still did not take care of the matter, when the year 2000 they launched the line Ekos. “Few people knew about the concept. Also intrude upon the communities and had access to the genetic heritage, a topic that we were building step by step. Now we see that sustainability is transformed is a theme that is very contemporary, other companies joined in, but we were the pioneers,” he explains.
As we already said, in their campaigns, we do not find supermodels; your advertising are rather true manifestos that say that the pretty woman of truth does not fit into patterns of beauty, or the pretty woman exploring her nature with grace and wisdom. Oh so true! Today there are three lines of makeup, A, Aquarela and Faces, which –like their other products– comes from natural sources without leaving aside the technology or sustainability. Within that context is born “Live your Beauty Alive”, the new leitmotif that invites each of us to feel proud of the unique look and natural, acercandonos to that beauty that we release.
WE RECOMMEND IN THE VIDEO